If you’re heading to Grandma’s house with your new baby, get ready for lots of hugs, extra helping hands and some sage (well, at least well-intended) advice. But you should also get ready for a new, unfamiliar space to baby, possibly filled with fragile knick-knacks and hand-me-down baby gear ...that is, if there’s any baby gear there at all. Don’t worry! We’re here to make Grandma’s house feel a little more like your own -- at least where your baby’s concerned.
Got your hands full with baby? Just go ahead and forward this straight to Grandma!. Chances are she wants you to visit more anyway, and once she loads up on all of these essentials, doing so will be so much easier. Seriously. You might even be able to finish a book. Or at least a cup of coffee, while it’s still warm.
1. alma papa crib bundle. A one-stop, must-have for Grandma’s house. The alma papa crib bundle has every single thing you need for bedtime: our fan favorite alma papa crib, a custom-sized breathable mattress, mattress protector and two alma papa sized sheets. Best of all, grandma doesn’t have to worry about where to store the crib when you head home; it can be folded and slid right under the guest bed. For a limited, save on bundling as well!
2. coco go 3-in-1 bouncer For those rare moments where grandparents aren’t holding the baby, the coco go 3-in-1 bouncer is essential. It’s an upright place for baby to chill, no matter what he’s doing. Sleeping, playing or watching It’s a Wonderful Life for the very first time.
3. fresco highchair This is the only high chair you’ll ever need to buy for Grandma’s house, because it’ll take your baby from newborn all the way to age eight. It goes from cradle mode to straight up with the touch of a button.
4. fresco mat and bowl set With the fresco mat and bowl set, your little one can feed himself without your help (for at least, like, two sips of coffee). And you won’t have to worry about mopping your MIL’s floors, because it actually stays on the tray.
5. Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine When your all night family reunion gets just a little too loud, the Hatch Rest will make sure your baby is none the wiser. Plus, if you use it in his nursery, having one at Grandma’s will help him feel like he’s at home.
6. Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat Who wants to check a convertible car seat at the airport? That’s right. No one. Send this link to the grandparents with a little *hint, hint* and what a weight off your shoulders. Literally. Those things are heavy.
7. Hello Bello diaper bundle And the diapers. Oh, the diapers. Here’s our hot tip: have Grandma order ahead, that way you can save your precious packing space for the important stuff: like all the gifts you’re bringing!
Hanna Nakano is a Washington, D.C. based writer and photographer, and mother of two.